In Vivo Facility Publications
- TG Brock, RW McNish, MB Bailie, M Peters-Golden (1997) Rapid Import of Cytosolic 5-Lipoxygenase into the Nucleus of Neutrophils after in Vivo Recruitment and in Vitro Adherence J Biol Chem 272(13): 8276–8280.
- PJ Christensen, MB Bailie, RE Goodman, AD O'Brien, GB Toews, R Paine III (2000) Role of diminished epithelial GM-CSF in the pathogenesis of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 279:L487-L495.
- WF Jackson, EM Boerman, EJ Lange, SS Lundback, KD Cohen (2008) Smooth muscle α1D-adrenoceptors mediate phenylephrine-induced vasoconstriction and increases in endothelial cell Ca2+ in hamster cremaster arterioles. Brit J Pharmacol, 155:514–524.
- PA Jean, MB Bailie, RA Roth (1995) l-Naphthylisothiocyanate-Induced Elevation of Biliary Glutathione Biochem Pharmacol 49(2):197-202.
- AL Johnson, KD Broaddus, JG Hauptman, S Marsh, J Monsere, G Sepulveda (2006) Vertical Patellar Position in Large-Breed Dogs with Clinically Normal Stifles and Large-Breed Dogs with Medial Patellar Luxation. Vet Surg, 35:78–81.
- ER Nolan, MB Bailie, NB Olivier (2008) Effect of autonomic blockade on ventricular repolarization shortening: Response to behavioral stimulus in paced dogs. Auton Neurosci. 140:66-71.
- ER Nolan, MR Feng, JR Koup, J Liu, D Turluck, Y Zhang, JB Paulissen, NB Olivier, T Miller, MB Bailie (2006) A novel predictive pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model of repolarization prolongation derived from the effects of terfenadine, cisapride and E-4031 in the conscious chronic av node—ablated, His bundle-paced dog. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 53(1):1-10.
- ER Nolan, M Girand, MB Bailie, VK Yeragani (2004) Circadian changes in QT variability index (QTvi) in the beagle dog. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 31(11):783-5.
- JM Pearson, MB Bailie, GD Fink, RA Roth (1997) Neither platelet activating factor nor leukotrienes are critical mediators of liver injury after lipopolysaccharide administration. Toxicology 121:181–189.
- HA Phelps, MN Neely (2005) Evolution of the zebrafish model: from development to immunity and infectious disease. Zebrafish 2(2):87-103.
- HA Phelps, MN Neely (2007) SalY of the Streptococcus pyogenes lantibiotic locus is required for full virulence and intracellular survival in macrophages. Infect Immun 75(9):4541-51.
- HA Phelps, DL Runft, MN Neely (2009) Adult zebrafish model of streptococcal infection. Curr Protoc Microbiol May;Chapter 9:Unit 9D.1.
- EB Westcott, EL Goodwin, SS Segal, WF Jackson (2012) Function and expression of ryanodine receptors and inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate receptors in smooth muscle cells of murine feed arteries and arterioles. J Physiol 590(8):1849-1869
Abstracts and Posters
- RW Chui, K Derakhchan, E Nolan, HM Vargas (2010) Comprehensive Arrhythmia Analysis in Telemetered Non-Human Primates.
- JK Prinsen, NS Archambault, AJ Lange, ER Nolan, NB Olivier(2010) Human Interactions Elicit Transient Pressor Response in Normal Dogs.
- E Goodwin, K Koehl, T Krieger-Burke, S Marsh, E Nolan, M Bailie (2012) Effect of Tethering and Cage Size on Food Intake and Body Weight in Sprague-Dawley Rats.
- G S Abela, K Aziz, A Vedre, DR Pathak, JD Talbott, J DeJong (2009) Effect of Cholesterol Crystals on Plaques and Intima in Arteries of Patients With Acute Coronary and Cerebrovascular Syndromes. Am J Cardiol 103:959–968).
- GS Abela (2010) Cholesterol crystals piercing the arterial plaque and intima trigger local and systemic inflammation. J Clin Lipidol 4:156–164.
- GS Abela, A Vedre, A Janoudi, R Huang, S Durga, U Tamhane (2011) Effect of Statins on Cholesterol Crystallization and Atherosclerotic Plaque Stabilization. Am J Cardiol 107:1710–1717.
- X Bian, B Patel, X Dai, JJ Galligan, G Swain (2007) High Mucosal Serotonin Availability in Neonatal Guinea Pig Ileum Is Associated With Low Serotonin Transporter Expression. Gastroenterology 132:2438–2447.
- SL Demel, H Dong, GM Swain, X Wang, L Kreulen, JJ Galligan (2010) Antioxidant Treatment Restores Prejunctional Regulation of Purinergic Transmission in Mesenteric Arteries of Deoxycorticosterone Acetate-Salt Hypertensive Rats. Neuroscience 168:335–345.
- P Duewell, H Kono, KJ Rayner, CM Sirois, G Vladimer, FG Bauernfeind, GS Abela, L Franchi, GNun, M Schnurr, T Espevik, E Lien, KA Fitzgerald, KL Rock, KJ Moore, SD Wright, V Hornung, E Latz (2010) NLRP3 inflammasomes are required for atherogenesis and activated by cholesterol crystals. Nature 464:29 April.
- SS Kandlikar, GD Fink (2011) Splanchnic sympathetic nerves in the development of mild DOCA-salt hypertension. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H1965-H1973.
- J Park, JJ Galligan, GD Fink, GM Swain (2007) Differences in sympathetic neuroeffector transmission to rat mesenteric arteries and veins as probed by in vitro continuous amperometry and video imaging. J Physiol 584(3):819–834.
- R Patel, A Janoudi, A Vedre, K Aziz, U Tamhane, J Rubinstein, OG Abela, K Berger, GS Abela (2011) Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography and Crystallization With Ezetimibe and Are Correlated With Plaque Rupture and Thrombosis Are Reduced by Lowering Cholesterol Levels. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2007-2014.
- THE NEW ROLE OF ACADEMIA IN DRUG DEVELOPMENT: New Thinking, New Competencies, New Results Driving New Paradigms in Cancer Research
Seminars and Webinars
- Watch the recent Pharmacology and Toxicology seminar by Dr. Derek Leishman from Eli Lilly, titled “The Role of Safety Pharmacology in Drug Development, Past, Present and Future” watch the seminar
- Printable descriptions of the MSU In Vivo Facility, and our capabilities read more
- Online Professional Science Masters in Integrative Pharmacology read more
- Online Masters in Pharmacology and Toxicology read more
- Graduate Certificate in Safety Pharmacology read more
- Society of Toxicology
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Safety Pharmacology Society
- American Heart Association
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation
- With the addition of an Immunotoxicologist to our laboratory, we offer new capabilities In Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology read more
- The Invivo Facility is pleased to welcome Matt Bernard, PhD, and Heidi Ball, BS, to our laboratory. read more
- MSU In Vivo expands its capabilities in the study of Heart Failure read more